Where can I obtain a pistol permit?

Pistol permits are issued by the Sheriff's Office. You can mail a check for your permit along with the permit application to the Sheriff's Office at PO Box 157, Marion AL 36756-0157. . A pistol permit application must be completed and submitted.


What should I do if I suspect someone is involved in selling or trafficking in drugs?

You may report your suspicions to the Sheriff’s Office by calling 334-683-6534. Information given will be passed on to the appropriate personnel. You do not have to give your name when reporting your suspicions. 

What are the visiting hours for persons who are in jail?

Visitation hours and times to follow.

May I bring money to persons who are in jail?

Money may be deposited into inmates' jail account by mailing a money order or cashier's check to the inmate in care of Perry County, PO Box 157, Marion AL 36756-0157

What are the types of bonds available for a person to use to be released from the County Jail?

A person may be released on his/her own recognizance, through a private bonding company, by the posting of a Property Bond or by posting a Cash Bond.  However, each individual’s bond varies according to the nature of the offense charged, and you should contact the Perry County Jail @ 334-683-6534 to find out the exact type of bond required for a certain individual.  

How do I obtain a copy of my Incident Report? Is there a fee?

The person filing an Incident Report (the victim) is the only person who may obtain a copy of the report. Incident Report copies may be obtained at the Sheriff’s Office between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on state holidays. The victim must present photo identification. There is no fee to obtain a copy of your report. 

How do I report a crime to the Sheriff's Office?

If the crime is "in progress," call 9-1-1. If the crime has already occurred and no immediate emergency exists, call 334-683-6534 to request a Deputy come to your location and make an Incident Report. You may also come to the Sheriff’s Office to make a report.